In Lithuania the most popular glazing technique is structural balcony glazing. Used to be very popular previously, balcony glazing using structures of plastic windows is being replaced by modern aluminium systems. Both structural balcony glazing techniques has its own advantages and disadvantages, therefore which is to be chosen depends on your own decision.
Features of balcony glazing using ALUMINIUM systems:
- Currently, this technique is the most popular balcony glazing technique.
- System can be sliding (suits for those who want to save space in balcony), hinged or both sliding and hinged.
- Sliding/hinged systems may have 2 – 4 mini rails depending on the size of a balcony, the number of glass sections as well as on the desired number of sections that can be opened.
- Glass panels of aluminium system move loosely in both directions.
- Ease of maintenance – moving parts can be easily dislodged and arranged back into the system.
- For the reasons of additional safety, the system can be mounted with locks.
- Aluminium structures are light therefore balcony is not loaded with an additional weight.
- Aluminium profiles can be painted in a desired colour using high-quality and durable powder coating technology or systems of anodized aluminium (well-resistant to corrosion, wear and scratches).
- Glazing is made using 4 – 8 mm thick glass. However, glass of different parameters or glass packages is also possible to be used.
- Low price – this is the cheapest balcony glazing technique.
- Guarantee period for services and products is offered.
SISTEMAX uses products of reliable manufacturers, such as SAPA, PROVEDAL, ALUTECH, PONZIO.
Manufacture of aluminium profile glazing system lasts around two weeks (duration of manufacture depends on the current number of orders, contact us and we will tell you the exact date of your order being finished), installation may take several hours or several days, depending on the size and complexity of an object.
Features of balcony glazing using PLASTIC profiles
- It is the most hermetic glazing technique, which is chosen by those who want to have a warm balcony all year long or those who plan to extend their residential floor area (by installing additional thermal insulation and partition being removed).
- The best sound insulation is guaranteed.
- Safety – the best protection from outsiders, installed additional locks that would not let the window being displaced from outside guarantees safety, making an obstacle for outsiders to invade into the balcony.
- Any profiles from which plastic windows are made can be chosen for balcony glazing – from 4 to 6 chambers.
- Wide range of colours for plastic frame enables you to create your own design.
- Possible disadvantages: for small balconies such profiles are almost impossible to be fitted, windows open into the inside, therefore balcony space is reduced, structures of plastic windows are quite heavy and can not be fitted into those balconies with weight limit or to old-structured houses.
- 2 years guarantee period for adjustments and 5 years guarantee period for glass and frame is offered.
SISTEMAX uses reliable production of plastic profiles manufacturers, such as ALUPLAST, VEKA, BRUGMANN, SALAMANDER, REHAU, DEALAN, DECCO.
Manufacture of plastic profile glazing system lasts around two weeks (duration of manufacture depends on the number of orders, contact us and we will tell you the exact date of your order being finished), installation may take several hours or several days, depending on the size and complexity of an object.
Can’t decide which glazing technique suits your house best? You need more information? Contact our advisers and they will answer to all the arising questions. Moreover, they will offer various options for balcony glazing and give advice on what to choose according to the features of your premises.